Nutritional Supplements / Nutrition
Can't I get all the nutrients that I need from food?
Although experts agree that food is the best means of obtaining the nutrients required during pregnancy, getting all required nutrients from your diet alone is not easy.
During pregnancy, requirements for some vitamins and minerals increase far more than requirements for calories. Daily requirements for some vitamins and minerals increase as much as 50%, whereas energy needs increase by only 300 calories per day in the second and third trimesters.
As a result, you should choose foods carefully to obtain all the necessary nutrients while maintaining appropriate weight gain. Prenatal supplements are designed to make this task easier by supplying a significant portion of vitamin and mineral requirements. S-26® Mama with DHA is a well-balanced nutritional beverage for your pregnancy.
Don't most women get the nutrients they need?
Unfortunately, no. Dietary intake studies have shown that many women, regardless of socioeconomic status, have median dietary intakes below the recommended intake for many nutrients. Nutrients consumed at less-than-recommended levels include folic acid, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, D, and E.
Multivitamin/mineral supplements can be important for ensuring that increased nutrient needs are met. Studies have shown that multivitamin/mineral supplements can decrease the incidence of low birth weight. S-26® Mama with DHA can help meet the nutritional needs during pregnancy.
What should I look for in a prenatal supplement?
Wyeth Nutrition has developed S-26® MAMA – to meet the special needs of pregnant women.
S-26® MAMA is a great-tasting, balanced nutritional beverage designed to supplement the diet of pregnant and lactating women.
Just 2 servings of S-26® MAMA
- Helps meet increased caloric needs.
- Provide 30% of the US DRI for protein for pregnant women.
- Are fortified with 38 mg of DocosaHexaenoic Acid (DHA), a nutrient important for your child's visual and mental development.
- Provide 400 mcg of folic acid, a nutrient that is essential for healthy foetal development and the prevention of NTDs.
- Provide more than one third of the US DRI for iron, to help prevent anaemia.
- Help ensure adequate intake of calcium to meet foetal demands and to maintain a reserve for lactation.
- Provide a full range of vitamins and minerals known to be essential for good health during pregnancy.
Was this article helpful for you? This article was helpful for 0 moms.
Thank you for your opinion.
Find out how Wyeth Nutrition products are able to provide your child with the right nutrition, as well as our specially formulated supplement for pregnant and lactating mothers.Check our Products